hicool@hicoolac.com

English

lightning struck her home. then her brain implant stopped working. - air conditioner accessories

by:HICOOL     2021-10-11
lightning struck her home. then her brain implant stopped working.  -  air conditioner accessories
On a stormy afternoon in Ljubljana, the capital of Slovakia, there was a flash of lightning in the sky. The TV and air conditioning darkened in an apartment for a woman with electrodes implanted.
Lightning struck the building.
But it's not just electrical appliances that are affected.
About an hour later, the woman noticed that her symptoms were back, and she installed electrodes five years ago to help with neck muscle cramps.
When they went to the doctor the next day, they found the pacemaker-
Just like the stimulus that powers the electrodes, it itself shuts down due to lightning strikes.
In a study published Tuesday in the Journal of Neurosurgery, her doctor suggested that doctors and medical device companies add lightning strikes to the list of things that patients with implanted brain electrodes should pay attention.
It may sound like the future, but the deep stimulation of the brain. B. S.
It has a long history.
The surgeon performed surgery on 1930 and 1940 of patients with epilepsy and found that a small part of the brain can be removed to have a quiet seizure.
Later, the researchers found that stimulating certain brain areas, rather than removing them, could quell the involuntary movement of Parkinson's disease and other diseases.
Today, some patients diagnosed with epilepsy, obsessive-compulsive disorder, and painful muscle cramps do not respond to other treatments, and they have surgery to implant electrodes on both sides of the brain.
The electrode is attached to the wire that extends down to the stimulus implanted in the chest or trunk.
The stimulus uses the battery to provide a pulse to control the symptoms, and in some models the battery can be charged with an antenna
Power Pack with wall plug.
Like someone with a pacemaker, someone with D. B. S.
The implant must be careful to obtain the diagnostic MRIs and take time around the device that generates the magnetic field.
These may form current in the implant and cause injuries or other problems, says Slovenia an Flaig, who is the author of the paper and a neurologist from Slovakia.
For example, a study reported a case in which a patient suffered permanent nerve damage when an MRI scan was heatedB. S. electrode.
"There are also some environmental reasons that will affect the normal operation of this device," the doctor said. Flisar said —
That is to say, it seems to be lightning.
The woman who came to see a doctor
After the storm Flaig was lucky: she did not charge the implanted battery at the time and did not plug the charger into the wall.
If this device is used, it and its accessories may encounter the same fate as her TV and air conditioner.
"The charger will be destroyed like other appliances and if the patient charges the stimulus during the activity, she will be injured," said Dr. Flisar. Dr.
In their paper, Flaig and his colleagues advised patients to plug the charger into the surge protector, which would help protect them, and advised doctors to tell patients to avoid charging during the storm.
Fortunately, when he and his colleagues examined the implant for the woman, they found that it was not damaged.
Safety features designed by the manufacturer have been prompted from the sudden current through the House and cause the device to turn off
Eliminate any interference from lightning.
Programming is complete;
The battery is still fully charged.
When they start the device, it works fine and it's not worse for the storm.
Custom message
Chat Online
Chat Online
Leave Your Message inputting...
Sign in with: